Teaching mp3 - Old Testament Themes
Teaching from the Bible using Old Testament Themes For more mp3 messages from the Gospel Hall go to the link - www.gospelhallaudio.com
The study of life is so large, that it is impossible for one person to be well educated in all areas of specialty.
Faith and Theory:
The faith in creation does not rest on a scientific theory. It rests on the faith in the word of a risen savior. Theories come and go with regularity.
It has been said, “The Bible is not a book of science, therefore we don’t expect to find scientific truth within the Bible” However, the God who created our world is the author of the Bible. The Bible is not a book of science, but there are no scientific errors in the Bible.
Views of Earth Science
Uniformity is a belief that “all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.” According to 2 Peter 3, these people assume that nothing cataclysmic has happened in the past and will not happen in the future. Uniformity teaches that the rate of change for erosion, transportation, sedimentation and other geologic processes have always run at the rate we now see.
God will hold men responsible for their unbelief. The Bible is not rejected because of evidence against it. Instead it is rejected because men love their pride and sin. “…scoffers walking after their own lusts.” Judgment that will fall upon the world will be because of unbelief. If God is going to punish the world for unbelief, then there must be no excuse for unbelief. Romans 1 says that unbelief is “without excuse.” God has given powerful evidence that his word is true and will hold us responsible for how we respond to him.
Apologetics is the defense of the Bible. Some people wonder if it is necessary to defend the Bible? A good defense for the Bible will strengthen faith of believers. However, a good defense for the Bible may not change the minds of intelligent people even if presented with the facts. This is because “the natural man receiveth not the things of God, neither can he know them.” (1 Corinthians 1).
Uniformity and Evolution
These “Siamese twins” of belief are linked so closely that logically they cannot be separated. A believer in one must necessarily believe in the other.
The meaning of “science”
Science is facts that can be observed, examined, demonstrated, described and repeated. While the theory of evolution cannot be proved, the only alternative is Special Creation which is unthinkable for a person who assumes there is no God.
Education and Evolution
The United States court systems have deemed that Creation cannot be taught in school. It would violate the “establishment clause” of the U.S. Constitution. The god of this world has a plan to remove God from the world, and rob him of glory.
Intro: Conviction in the heart is not sufficient evidence to skeptics.
Faith Comes by Hearing and Hearing by the Word of God (Romans 10)
Faith comes from God.
Faith comes by hearing.
Hearing comes by the Word.
Proof of the Bible Reliability
Prophecy is the evidence of a divine author.
The promises of the Messiah’s death were given centuries before In his book, Science Speaks, professor of mathematics, Peter W. Stoner, applies what is known “the Law of Compound Probability” to show that the predictions of the Messiah are impossible to occur by chance.
Proof the Jesus’ Resurrection
The Bible is based on the historical facts of Jesus death and resurrection. No historical event has more historic, objective evidence than the resurrection of Christ.
The stone was sealed; it was large and was moved. The facts about the stone leave no doubt as to the miracle that occurred.
The body was not stolen or moved. It was resurrected.
Witnesses of the risen Christ were reliable.
The scripture stands. “It IS written” means that it constantly is true. It was given once for all time. The Word of God is eternal.
Defending God’s Word will strengthen the faith of believers who are under attack by natural thinking rather than spiritual thinking.
Science is facts that can be observed, examined, demonstrated, described and repeated.
The Origin of the Universe
The “Gap Theory” is a belief that a vast amount of time, perhaps billions of years, exist between Geneses 1:1 and Genesis 1:2.
Natural Origin Theories
A vast area of condensing gasses solidified became the universe.
The Big Bang theory states that since our universe is expanding, it must have begun at a single point in space.
Hebrews 11 teaches “things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.”
Lower Forms of Creation
Progression is a fact taught in scripture -Psalm 139:15 “My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.”
Lower forms of life were created first. Man was the ultimate result and goal of the creation. However, there is no evidence for the emergence of new species as a change from another species.
Fossil dating is a circular thinking process. Rock dates are determined by the type of fossils found in them. The fossil ages are also known by the rocks they are found in.
Fossil Record and Natural Selection
Not a single transitional fossil has been identified in the record. If evolution is a slow process of gradual change, there should be millions of “missing links”. Darwin was not totally convinced about his theory because of the lack of fossil evidence. However, the people who followed Darwin were more extreme in his theory than Darwin himself.
Darwin witnessed “adaptation” rather than “evolution”. Adaptation is sometimes called “micro-evolution.” Adaptation is the visible differences of genetic traits within a species. Dogs, cats and horses have multiple breeds, but the animals remain within their species. Radiation experiments with fruit flies have produced changes in DNA, but in destructive ways rather than in improvements.
Creationists have a presupposition - God exists. The evolutionist also has a presupposition - there is no God. The conclusions of the evolutionist, according to William Keaton, are then (1) present life forms were not created, (2) life forms have evolved over vast ages and (3) the process by which this happened had no purpose and not design.
BioGenesis is the belief that life comes from life. The source of any living thing is another living thing. Spontaneous generation is a belief that life can come from chemical reactions or other non-living process.
Carbon-based dating (radio metric dating) is the measure of the decay of radio-active elements in volcanic rock. Carbon dating is not accurate past several thousand years. The circle reasoning of time-scale and rock layer theory is used for very old rocks.
The Geologic Column
The evolution belief is that the rock layers show a progression of primitive life to the present day complex ecosystem. The quaternary period is the present geologic age. Pre-Cambrian rock is supposedly 3 billion years old. Cambrian rock shows the first evidence of invertebrates.
Fossil evidence clearly shows massive reptiles once lived on our earth. The pre-flood environment was a perfect environment for both animals and plants to grow to great sizes and live for long periods of time. If the dinosaurs were alive during Noah’s day, he would have taken specimens into the ark.
“Lucy”, the famous skeleton found by Dr. Leakey, was dated to 2.3 million years old. However, the history of human fossil study has been marked by fraud. The best example, Piltdown Man fossil, was a complete and intentional fraud. Neanderthal man, the immediate predecessor to modern man, is supposed to be tens of thousands of years old because of the stone tools found with his bones. However, the same habits of supposedly stone-age people can still be found in societies today.
The First Man and Death
The NT says seven times that Adam was the first man. It also teaches that Adam was the source of death in our world. Therefore the Bible would not support a long duration of death and decay before Genesis 1:2.
Faith and the Bible
The belief in the Bible is based on Jesus’ life, death and resurrection. Prophecy and the resurrection give us the basis to believe what Jesus said. His teaching about Adam and other issues are trustworthy based on his resurrection.
The Geologic Column (revisited)
While the layers of life are definitely visible, the ordering of the layers is chaotic. Flood-Geology is the belief that the best interpretation of geology includes catastrophe rather than uniformity. The flood included huge cataclysmic upheaval in judgment, not just gradual rising water.
“The Genesis Flood”, by Dr. Morris, has in-depth discussion on the hydraulic effects of a global flood. Dr. Morris asserts that convulsions and deposits happened in a short time period. Human fossils found everywhere in the world are a logically the result of the flood.
Ancient, extinct animals have been found alive in our world. Obviously, the assumptions of millions of years of extinction need to be revised.
Human language in ancient times was more complex than modern languages. Rather than believing that ancient humans were more primitive, the opposite is
Evidence of a Young Earth
A Shrinking Sun
The Sun is shrinking at 5 ft/hour. 20 million years ago, the circumference of the Sun would have taken in the orbit of the earth.
The rotation of the Earth has been slowing 1 second every 2.5 years. A million years ago, the rotation would take 9 seconds.
The amount of dust in space points to a recent creation. Space falls to planets (and the moon) at a high rate, but the accumulation is very small, pointing to a young age of the moon.
Ocean Floor Sediment
The sediment on the depths of the ocean should be about 30 times greater than it actually is according to the ancient earth theory.
Helium gathers in the outer atmosphere of the earth.
If the earth was 4 billion years old, the topsoil on earth should be many times thicker than present reality.
Growth rates of our population indicate a world that started four thousands of years rather than millions. Jewish growth rates indicate that Abraham was alive several thousand years ago.
This idea was invented in the years following Darwin’s theory to make allowance for his theory.
The Scofield Bible notes make allowance for uniformity by interpreting “day” as a long period of time. The problem is that “day” is interpreted consistently as 24 hours in the Genesis 1 and Exodus passages.
The Gap Theory states that there was a vast amount of time between v.1 and v.2 of Genesis 1.
The “primordial soup” theory states that molecules were randomly combining until one formed into a living cell. The mathematical probability of simple life forming by chance is impossible, let alone complex life.
1. In creation, what was the purpose of the tree of life since God banished Adam from the garden?
(Why did God put the tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the garden?)
2. Do you believe we are misled by the number of scientists who believe in creation? The media doesn’t tell us about believing scientists very often.
3. Are the continents still drifting?
4. Scientist say that only 25% of the human brain capacity is used. Why?
5. Was there an ice age?
6. What should our attitude be toward the environment?
7. Why are there not many human fossils found?
8. Why did men live longer before the flood than they do today?
9. What was the population of the earth before the flood?
10. How advanced was man before the flood?
11. Was the earth created to look “old”? What about the theory that God created an “old earth” similar to the fact that God created an “old man”?
12. What “form” did God make when he used dust to make adam?
13. Did death exist in any form before the fall of man?
14. Did Satan impart a fallen nature to Adam an Eve? Where did the desire to sin come from?
15. Did the flood cause the tilt of the earth?
16. If Creation is true, should we not be using this in sharing the gospel?
The message of Creation is more important than ever in a world of non-christian homes.
Genesis is the most important book of the Bible. If you took Genesis out, the rest of the Book would be incomprehensible. If you took the Fall of Man from the Bible, the entire world is incomprehensible.
Genesis, the Book of Origins
The origin of the universe.
The origin of order.
The origin of energy.
The origin of forces that shape the universe.
The Six Days of Creation
3 days forming
3 days filling
The order of creation and the order of evolution are incompatible with each other. Merging the two ideas sacrifices the teaching of one of the theories.
The age of light from stars (millions of years) and the six days of creation seem incompatible. Creation was made to appear fully mature, not in its infancy. The speed of light has not always been a constant.
bara - Hebrew word that means “create” (from nothing)
Asah - The word means “form”.
According to WE Vine, the interchangeable use of these words in Genesis chapter one leads us to believe that God created all things, not merely “formed” them.
Verse 1 says God created the heaven and the earth. Later God created the stars. Does this mean that God re-made the creation? The first sentence of the Bible has four clauses. The statements are all related and happen in sequence. The Bible teaches that death came with Adam’s sin. There must not have been death before then. Changing our Biblical interpretation based on current scientific theory will lead to mis-interpretation.
Isaiah 45:18 tells us that the world was not created in vain - empty. Some would believe that Satan’s sin caused the world to become “vain”. There is no evidence to say that Satan’s sin caused destruction in the world. There is also no evidence to say that Satan’s sin was anything but a short time before Adam’s sin.
“Darkness” and “Without form and void”. The meaning of the words is that the world was incomplete, unfilled. Isaiah 45:18 says that God didn’t not make creation to be empty. He intended to fill it.
Faith and Creation
The faith you put in God’s word is tested on the very first verse of the Bible. If you can believe verse 1, then you can believe everything else that follows. The Bible claims to be a perfect book and promises judgment to those who reject it.
The greatness of His Person
His Incarnation means that the one who is God became a real human.
The greatness of His Holiness
The beauty of holiness was displayed in a world defiled by Sin.
His greatness is un-searchable
The mighty God and creator was displayed at the calming of the storm and in the Garden of Gethsemane. His love, grace, compassion, mercy, understanding are all infinite attributes of Christ.
- “Fiat Creation” is the act of speaking things into existence. The Bible teaches that God created the universe by Fiat.
- The Book of Beginnings is the basis of our faith.
- Apologetics is a necessary teaching to strengthen our faith.
- Science is credible when science sticks to the parameters of observable, describable and repeatable studies. Origins of the universe, life and humanity are not scientific study. The Big Bang and Evolution are theories that are accepted by faith.
- The complexity of life is immeasurably too great to have happened by chance.
- The Bible must be without error if it is the Word of God.
- Uniformity and Evolution are twin theories. Since evolution has never been observed, it must be assumed that the world has existed for billions of years to allow for evolution to occur. The Flood, not billions of years, accounts for vast changes in geology to account for worldwide sedimentary rock layers.
- Microevolution, adaptation within species, is a reality that has been observed. But macroevolution has no evidence in life or in the fossil record.
- Evolution is taught in schools as a scientific fact. The social results of evolutionary thought have destroyed wholesome and healthy values. Chaos results in our world.
- The cosmological argument for God is that all systems are inter-related. Since the ecosystems of nature are inter-dependent, it is illogical to believe that each part evolved separately. A plan demands a planner.
- The flood is the best explanation for the existence of large amounts of fossils. Fossils, mineralized bones, are created by a very quick and deep burial that is followed by extreme heat and pressure. Fossil beds are evidence of a geologic disaster. Dinosaurs, huge plants and long-lived people came from a different climate before the flood.
- Scientists who teach evolution sometimes acknowledge that the idea of God is incompatible with their view of the world. 1 Peter 3 says the scoffers “walk after their own lusts.” “They did not like to retain God in their knowledge.”
- Scientists do not have universal agreement about the validity of the Theory of Evolution.
When was the beginning?
The Beginning was thousands, not billions, of years ago. The history of ancient people goes back about 6,000 years. By all we know in nature and scripture, the world is no older than 10,000 years. Genealogies in Genesis provide a human history that dates back to 6,000 BC or 4,000 BC.
Who is “God”?
“Elohiem”, “Us”, “Our” is a plural being. By comparing verses in the New Testament, we know that the Son is the creator of all things.
“Created” means to make from nothing. Two Hebrew words are used to translate “made”.
Bara - Hebrew word that means “create” (from nothing).
Asah - The word means “form”.
The Bible uses these two words as synonyms, which prevents the interpretation of the “Gap” theory of v1 and v2. God created an empty world that he then proceeded to fill with life.
1. What scientific proof do we have the dinosaurs lived?
There is ample scientific evidence in the fossil record to prove that there were dinosaurs. There was an age of giant reptiles. Job 40 describes the giant monster behemoth.
2. How did Adam name every animal in one day?
Adam did not name them in one day. He named the animals. Species and sub-species were a result of
3. Does the Sun have a circuit?
The descriptions in the Bible about Sun rising and Sun setting are given from the viewpoint of a man in this world.
4. Did leaves, grass and plants not die before the fall?
In Eden, nothing ever died. There was no decay or death.
5. What was the length of time between creation and the fall?
Adam’s full life is given (930 years) in Genesis 5. It is difficult to know if this time includes the time Adam spent in Paradise. Jim Allen ( ) is a creation scholar who believes that Angels were created on the 4th day. Satan was cast down and immediately joined Eve in the garden to tempt her to sin. The point is that short time spans in paradise fit with the scripture record.
6. Who were the Sons of God and the giants of Genesis 6? Are there evidences of their existence today?
The mistaken interpretation of Genesis 6 is that these were angels that came to earth. I don’t believe these beings were angels. This interpretation comes from ancient mythology from pagan religions. Genesis 4:26, “And to Seth, to him also there was born a son; and he called his name Enos: then began men to call upon the name of the LORD.” A more accurate reading is “then began men to be called by the name of the LORD.” These were godly men who were called “God’s men” which mingled with the daughters of men in Genesis 6. Genesis 6 does not say the offspring were giants. Genesis 6 says there were giants. Angels don’t marry or procreate.
7. Where did Cain get his wife? How does God condone incest?
Someone married his sister. Cain or another brother in the family must have married his sister. When the human race was young, there were no regressive genes and therefore no problems with brother-sister marriages.
8. How do we respond to the claim that there are other life forms in the universe?
I believe there are other life forms in the universe. The Bible refers to “principalities and powers”. The “third heaven” (2 Cor 12) refers to the presence of the Lord as paradise.
9. Adam and Eve were instructed to “replenish” the earth. Does this mean that the earth was at once empty?
“Replenish” means to be “fruitful”. (Gen 1:28)
10. Since the school system teaches “theory” as “fact”, would it not be better to withdraw our children and teach them ourselves?
Home-school or Christian school is a personal choice. There are benefits to each choice.
11. If Adam could not die before the fall, then why did he need the tree of life?
The Tree of Life was for his enjoyment. The Tree of Life was not forbidden.
12. If Adam and Eve were one (skin) color, then how come there are multiple colors today?
Humans adapt to environment. Dark-colored skin is found in sun-exposed places. I do not believe that Canaan’s curse was that we would become black. The sons of Noah were divided and formed their own culture.
13. In your judgment is the C-14 dating reliable?
No. The variations of the results is extreme.
14. Is it harmful for a Christian to study anthropology?
God has witnesses in every area of life. Lawyers, though characterized by dishonesty, are sometimes Christians. Christians are planted in their field of work to be a witness for Him.
15. If men choose to believe spontaneous generations and evolution in spite of lack of evidence, what is our approach to reach their mind?
Some people will hear the truth and believe.
16. The Beast had power to give life unto the image in Revelation. How does Satan give him life?
Satan gives the image “power” to speak. He does not give life. Whatever Satan does is a deception.
17. Will the New Heaven and New Earth be a purged place or a new Creation?
The New Heaven and Earth will be new. However, the earth is forever. The matter of the universe is eternal, but the form and function of the universe are temporary. Although the universe is “new”, it is new in character, not new in time. The “new song” in Heaven, the “new Jerusalem” are forever “new” because they will never grow old.
18. Is there is reason why God created the things in Genesis 1 in the order they appear?
God created light first to provide an environment for the plants.
19. What is the language of Heaven?
Heaven’s language is holy. It is unspeakable because of its content.
20. Will the canopy of Genesis be restored during the Millennium?
The description of the light of the New Jerusalem will be more effective than the canopy.
21. Will there be climate zones in the Millennium?
It is doubtful. The desert will bloom. Killing frost will be gone.
22. Why did God create carnivores?
Poisonous, violent and unpleasant characteristics in animals are the result of the fall. All creation fell when Adam sinned.
23. Is Jesus a “creation” when he was incarnated?
Some people believe that God created a body for Christ and then the Lord stepped into the body. This is not incarnation. Jesus became a man. He did not simply inhabit a body. He took humanity. He had a human spirit.
24. Where can we find proof from scripture that there is Extra-terrestrial life?
There is reference to life other than humans, but not Martians. The Earth is suited perfectly for life. There may be other planets that are suited for life, but the Bible makes to reference to them. The death of Christ (Col 1:20) affects the entire universe, not just earth. “Earth, the Theater of the Universe” is where God took care of sin for the entire universe.
25. Is Hell a physical part of God’s creation? Was it part of the original creation?
It was created for the Devil and his angels. It must have been created after the Beginning.
26. Did Adam have white blood cells and an immune system?
God built every necessary part of the human body into our DNA. Animals have the ability to adapt to their environment because they have it built into their DNA.
27. In Job, the “morning stars sang together” and Satan is referred to the son of the morning, were angels part of the creation?
Angels are each a separate creation. They do not procreate.
28. How do you explain that we don’t use the appendix?
Vestigial organs are supposedly unused. However, this is a mis-interpretation, since there is
29. Does 1 Corinthians 11 teach that women should have long hair because of creation?
Creation teaches that men and women have distinctions. Long hair is a symbol of her femininity.